Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Library Card Registration:
1. Anyone may register as a borrower of the Hampton Public Library.
2. Registration is done by the individual-only one name may be put on the card.
3. To register, each person must come to the library and fill out a printed application card.
4. The application card requires: name, street address and mailing address, phone number and date of birth.
5. Registrant must have a form of verification for the name and address before a borrower's card can be issued.
6. After verification, the registrant is issued a borrower's card with a patron barcode.
7. The registrant will be allowed to check out one item the first time.
8. A copy of the library's hours and instruction on borrowing limitations. renewals, fines, and use of book drop.
9. Children preschool age through fifth grade must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian to be issued a Hampton Public Library card.
This parent or guardian will be required to verify the information on the registration card of the child.
10. No fee is charged for the first borrower's card. If the patron loses or destroys his/her card a replacement may be purchased for five (5)
dollars. All items checked out on the lost/damanged card must be returned before the new card can be issued.
11. A receipt will be issued for the new card.